In addition to the basic principles of broad cooperation, local commitment and democracy, gender equality and diversity, learning for sustainable development and climate issues should permeate all work,
Vindelälven-Juhttátahkka biosphere reserve has identified six focal areas to work for along the river valley. Those areas are listed here.
- Diversity of cultural expressions
- Tourism industry and outdoor life for everyone
- Thriving reindeer husbandry
- Fishing in flourishing lakes, watercourses and seas
- Development of the local community
- Living landscapes